Sunday, May 10, 2009

BAKED POTATO STUFFED WITH TURNIP GREENS

I love to take this in my lunch to work. I've acquired a taste for turnip greens. I actually crave them! I either eat it cold, or sometimes reheated a bit. I eat it whole, unwrapping a bit at a time, while I take walk. It can be a little messy, like a taco, but it is a really satisfying part of my lunch.

  • 1 medium sized baked potato
  • 1/2 cup steamed turnip greens, chopped
  • 1/4 cup diced onions
  • 1 teaspoon oilve oil
  • 1 tablespoon soy based fake bacon style bits, or Fakin' Bacin' Tempeh Strips (optional)
  • salt/pepper to taste

Slice open the potato lenghtwise and score the inside. Sprinkle with the olive oil, and a little salt and lots of pepper (or to taste.) In a dish, mix up the turnip greens with the onion and soy bits. Spread out a piece of paper or plastic as a wrapping and put the open potato on it. Place half of the greens mixture on each half of the potato. Put the halves together and wrap up tightly. Refrigerate. Alternative: Cook the greens with the onion and tempeh strips first.


No comments: